- Professional writing and editing of press releases, backgrounders, informational pieces, newsletters, tourism alerts, speeches, position papers and correspondence
- Day-to-day client contact and communication
- Daily monitoring of broadcast, print and online coverage
- Crisis communications planning and management
- Direct contact with journalists
- Database development and management
- Media list development and management
- Distribution via e-mail of releases, news letters, news alerts and communiqués to journalists and appropriate entities
- Individual and group media familiarization trip planning, execution and, where necessary, hosting
- Representation at appropriate exhibition venues
- Monthly or quarterly PR activity reports and clip books
NewmanPR takes a comprehensive and integrated approach to social media and new medias as they emerge on the Internet. The agency has conceived, designed and managed blogs for clients, managed viral marketing campaigns, and maintains YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook sites for clients and the agency.
- Social media strategy plans focusing on the needs and client-base of your company
- Blog and social media conception, design, content production and management
- Produce necessary content for postings ranging from writing, images, videos, graphics
- Development, execution and management of social media campaigns and contests
- Online reputation monitoring and management
- Editorial Calendars
- Social media tracking and analytics
- Comprehensive social media reports
- Media relations support for special events
- Media event planning and execution
- Special event planning and management
NewmanPR has an excellent track record of achieving media placements for its clients in local, regional, national and international outlets, in print and online. From newspapers and magazines to guidebooks and electronic newsletters and websites, the agency frequently and consistently places positive content on behalf of its clients. The key to having content used by journalists is in building a reputation for providing clear, newsworthy, pertinent content that is consistently of high quality and conforms to Associated Press style.
- Crisis communications consultation
- Development of crisis communications plans and materials
- Crisis reputation management
- Social media crisis monitoring and communications
- Design and execution of crisis PR simulations
- Experience in editorial, underwater, aerial and presentation photography
- Distribution to media outlets and wire services including Reuters and the AP
- Printing oversight
- Magazine and newspaper layout and production
- Distribution of event b roll to media outlets and wire services including Reuters and the AP
- Videography, video post-production and tape duplication
- Creating videos with proper formatting for various online and social media platforms
Event Planning and Execution
When Kathie Lee Gifford introduced her GIFFT line of wines on Carnival Cruise Line’s fleet, the agency planned and executed a media event onboard a carnival ship at PortMIAMI. We created a media list, invitations, press release and advisory, background materials and handled media check-in and on-site logistics. When Carnival mounted a similar event in New York for the introduction of KLG’s new rosé wine, we handled everything but the on-site elements.
Each year NewmanPR produces an eight- to –10 page magazine titled Keys Traveler that is distributed throughout the year at travel trade shows, media meetings and other travel-related events. The magazine features a variety of stories about life in the Florida Keys including updated attractions and activities, profiles of local characters and overviews about the island chain. Special editions, including a dive and sport-fishing edition, as well as editions in multiple languages for European distribution have also been produced.
With NewmanPR’s history of doing public relations for cruise line and destination clients, we have extensive experience executing successful press trips. Each press trip is unique, depending on the client and coverage goals. For cruise lines, the purpose varies from introducing a new ship to highlighting a new itinerary or shipboard program. We work with the client to identify a target market and then identify journalists or social media influencers who are best suited to communicate to the target audience. For the Florida Keys, press trips are themed to highlight a specific aspect of the destination such as cuisine, the arts or activities such as diving or fishing Afterward, we monitor outlets and social media feeds to compile coverage reports to show the client the value of the media coverage to demonstrate a return on the investment.
Social Media Campaigns
As a part of the 2014-2015 Monroe County Tourism Development PR plan, NewmanPR successfully executed a social media campaign called #SeizeTheKeys. The complete campaign entailed a press trip, a social media photo contest and the production of media materials that would debut during the campaign.
The “Seize the Keys” press trip targeted six millennial bloggers and highly ranked social media influencers. While exploring the Keys, the bloggers engaged their audiences and shared their experiences via live tweets, Instagram posts and other social media distribution, using the hashtag #SeizeTheKeys.
NewmanPR created the copy, design and all materials used to promote the “Seize the Keys” Instagram and Facebook photo contest. The six-week-long contest encouraged entrants to share photos of themselves interacting with their environment and exploring the outdoors for a chance to win a five-day, four-night trip for two to the Florida Keys & Key West. In addition, agency wrote, distributed to media and bloggers, featured in the e-newsletter and posted on the website a news release on the competition.
Results Social media coverage from the trip including exposure from re-tweets and shares resulted in 2.5 million potential impressions. The photo contest generated over 300 photos and had over 250 participants.
From our experience promoting destinations we know that capturing the essence of a place and sharing it with the public and media is essential to generating and maintaining travelers’ interest. Whether the photography illustrates a news story or is used to create an online gallery for journalists, NewmanPR has the tools and skills to ensure our clients have high-quality photography suitable for use in all types of coverage.
NewmanPR curates both public relations and marketing content for Holland America Line through various social media channels and one of the longest running blogs in the cruise industry. The blog functions as a one-stop shop for everything cruisers need to know when planning their vacation including information and links relating to destinations, shore excursions, news, special services and more. With the use of specialized keywords and strategic, consistent social media messaging, we are able to advance Holland America Line’s SEO goals, target their niche audience and significantly increase sales and create a positive public image for the line.
NewmanPR handles all media relations activities for Seatrade Cruise Global, the world’s largest annual cruise industry gathering, including credentialing and registering media, writing and distributing all press materials and writing articles for placement in industry publications. In addition, we manage the press room, schedule and manage press conferences, arrange interviews, produce news photography and write, produce and publish an eight- to 12-page daily tabloid-size four-color newspaper that is distributed at the convention and posted to SCG’s website.
Canadian affiliate agency LMA and NewmanPR finalized all arrangements for a Key Lime Food Truck promotion in Toronto Nov. 24-28, 2014. A NewmanPR representative was on hand to oversee the promotion, which featured a food truck decorated with Keys imagery distributing free slices of Key lime pie in Toronto locations with high foot traffic. Other elements included a charity tie-in and distribution of significant Keys messaging.
In addition to on-street exposure, the effort received media coverage including live hits on several of the region’s morning television news shows. Coverage also included posts on CanadianLiving.com, TravelWeek Canada, Money.ca, Hamilton Spectator Online, TravelPress.com, and TravelIndustryToday.com. U.S. coverage included a photograph on the front page of the Miami Herald business section, inclusion in Travel + Leisure’s newsletter and a short story by the Associated Press Miami bureau that was distributed on the Florida AP wire. Social media coverage resulted in more than 900,000 impressions from #FLKeysPieTruck on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In addition to on-street exposure, the effort received media coverage including live hits on several of the region’s morning television news shows. Coverage also included posts on CanadianLiving.com, TravelWeek Canada, Money.ca, Hamilton Spectator Online, TravelPress.com, and TravelIndustryToday.com. U.S. coverage included a photograph on the front page of the Miami Herald business section, inclusion in Travel + Leisure’s newsletter and a short story by the Associated Press’s Miami bureau that was distributed to media points on the Florida wire.
Finally, working with FloridaKeys.com, NewmanPR created a website section about the project and the truck’s schedule. Total media impressions across all platforms were approximately 1.75 to 2 million, for an estimated PR value of more than $125,000.