You know you’re at the right Florida Keys wedding reception when all of the sudden Jimmy Buffett walks on stage and belts out three songs. Saturday night, March 19, following the wedding ceremony of former NewmanPR Lower Keys/Key West stringer Rita Brown to Lower Keys dentist Dr. Fred Troxel, Buffett sang three songs including a customized version of “Margaritaville” tailored to the bride and groom. Buffett said it was the first time he had played for any audience since a fall off a Sydney, Australia, stage in late January. Buffett, a longtime friend of the bride and groom, was an invited guest, but his performance was a surprise to all. Andy Newman shot these photos.
- Some Impressive Alternatives to ‘Freelance Writer’
- The Trouble with Stylebooks
- Tampa Wins the Debate Over the Origin of the Cuban Sandwich
- It’s Not Fake News but It’s Close
- A World of Wellness Awaits with Costa Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line Unveils ‘Carnival Studios,’ State-of-the-Art 44,500-Square-Foot Rehearsal Space in Davie, Fla.
- Bookings Open for ms Nieuw Statendam’s Premiere Voyage and Inaugural Season of Caribbean Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Line Named ‘Most Trusted Cruise Line in America’ by Reader’s Digest for Third Consecutive Year